Saturday 17 September 2011

Rice Pudding Recipe

I love making and eating this rice pudding when the weather turns cold. I had some milk to use up today so there's a delicious pudding waiting for me in the kitchen. I love the flavour of cardamoms but they can be left out if you don't like them.

2 oz pudding rice
1 oz sugar
1 pint milk
6 cardamom pods
nutmeg


Butter a baking dish (I use a Pyrex casserole with a lid)

Put the rice, sugar and milk into the dish

Slightly crush the cardamom pods with the flat of a knife and drop into the milk, rice and sugar mixture (optional)

Grate nutmeg over the surface of the milk (to taste) (optional)

Cover and bake in the oven for 2 hours at Gas 2 / 150 degrees Centigrade / 300 degrees Fahrenheit

Allow to cool a little and enjoy!

"How to make the perfect rice pudding"

No comments:

Post a Comment