Monday 31 October 2011

Microwave Dumplings

Dumplings cook very well in the microwave.

Put 4oz self-raising flour and 2oz suet into a bowl and mix well. Season with salt and pepper.

 If you want a more adventurous dumpling, add your choice of herbs  (I like to use parsley). 
Grated cheese added to the mix makes a tasty variation too. 
Just had a thought - I might try a few slivers of sun-dried tomato next time and a few slivers of parmesan....


Put prepared dumpling dough, divided into portions, into a  glass casserole with a small amount of stock.
Put lid onto casserole.
Microwave on High for 2 minutes.


Result!

5 comments:

  1. Thank you, as ever the internet people come to my aid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. Dumplings are great in soup too

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful blog! I found it while surfing around on Yahoo News. Do you have any suggestions on how to get listed in Yahoo News? I’ve been trying for a while but I never seem to get there! Appreciate it. sabaideereview.com

    ReplyDelete